Our Acceptable use policy is described below in points 1 through to 14.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our services. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our terms and conditions of supply https://www.logicservers.co.uk/terms/terms-of-supply upon which you are permitted to use the services, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the service/s provided.
Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Material uploaded to our servers.
Issue of a warning to you.
Issue of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- Customers are responsible for all scripts, data and other objects on their accounts. Abusive scripts are scripts which interfere with our systems and/or the accounts of other customers, cause harm to any other computer system or user, or engage in any type of fraudulent activity. Any account found to be the source of abusive scripts will be immediately suspended and investigated.
- we undertake to take action required under the provisions of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act and will fully cooperate with the appropriate UK authorities.
- We will always notify customers and, where necessary, fully co-operate with the authorities.
- You are entirely responsible for maintaining your accounts credentials – including but not limited to: (i) your customer username and password; (ii) any login information required to access services with us; (iii) customer support and information retrieval keys.
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that all your password and login credentials remain confidential.
- You must not use the service for the transmission of illegal material. You agree to refrain from sending or receiving any materials which may be deemed to be offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene, menacing or otherwise as prohibited by current and future statutes in force. You agree to refrain from sending or receiving any material which may be in breach of copyright (including Intellectual Property Rights), confidence, privacy or other rights. If you are in any doubt as to the legality of what you are doing, or propose to do, you should take independent legal advice.
- All content uploaded to your hosting service must conform to UK law. It is the user's sole responsibility to ensure this. Storage, distribution of or transmission of illegal materials may lead to investigation and possible prosecution by the relevant authorities.
- You must not gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any computer systems for any purpose. Such action may lead to criminal prosecution under the Computer Misuse Act.
- You must not send data to the internet using forged addresses or data which is deliberately designed to adversely affect remote machines (including but not limited to denial of service (DDoS), worms and viruses, trojans and ping storms, time bombs, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs designed to, or capable of, disrupting, damaging or limiting the functionality of any software or hardware;).
- You are prohibited from running 'port scanning' or other software intended to probe, scan, test the vulnerability of or access remote systems or networks except in circumstances where the remote user has given express permission for this to be done. We may ask for evidence of such permission.
- You must ensure that local PCs and network connected servers are not configured to allow open relay and must not participate in the sending of unsolicited bulk email (commonly referred to as 'spam' ,'UBE','UCE' ).
- Open proxy servers are not permitted under any circumstances and will result in immediate termination of service.
- Sites must not contain 'warez', copyrighted music/videos or links to such content. It is the sole responsibility of the user to ensure that they have the rights to distribute any content displayed on their website.
- Sites must conform to UK copyright law.
- You will NOT use our site or Services in a manner (as determined by us at our sole and absolute discretion) that:
- Refers to or displays material containing images, videos, depictions or descriptions of pornography which is unlawful in the UK or which is deemed to be distasteful at our sole discretion.
- Promotes, encourages or engages in terrorism, violence or hatred against people, animals or property.
- Makes any inappropriate communication to any Newsgroup, Mailing List, Chat Facility, or another Internet Forum.
- Makes, attempts or allows any unauthorized access to LogicServers website, servers, account, Your own hosting account or the account of any other customers of LogicServers.
- Allows any remote code execution of malicious software through a hosting account or any APIs provided by LogicServers.
- Forges the signature or other identifying mark or code of any other person or engage in any activity to attempt to deceive other persons regarding the true identity of the user.
- Contains any kind of proxy server or other traffic relaying programs.
- Uploads unacceptable material which include: IRC bots, warez, image, file storage, mirror, or banner-ad services, topsites, streaming, Escrow, High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or related sites, investment sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, etc.), bitcoin miners, sale of any controlled substances without providing proof of appropriate permit(s) in advance, AutoSurf sites, Bank Debentures, Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Prime Banks Programs, lottery sites, muds / rpg's, hate sites, hacking focused sites/archives/programs, or sites promoting illegal activities, IP Scanners, Brute Force Programs, Mail Bombers and Spam Scripts.
- Engages in or instigates actions that cause harm to LogicServers or other customers. Such actions include, but are not limited to, actions resulting in blacklisting any of Our IPs by any online spam database, actions resulting in DDOS attacks for any servers, etc.
- Reverse engineers any API or attempts to use an API to obtain confidential information;
- Circumvents an API in order to violate LogicServers restrictions such as, but not limited to, accessing products and services owned by other customers, avoiding payment for Services.
- Overloads our systems, including APIs, in any way.
- Violates the Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act of 2008 or similar legislation, or promote, encourage or engage in the sale or distribution of prescription medication without a valid prescription.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy against spam and the sending of bulk, unsolicited e-mail is prohibited at all times. Customers who abuse the email service will be notified that their behaviour is unacceptable and may have their accounts suspended, terminated or blocked at our sole discretion. When using our email services:
- You agree not to send emails that might cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to a recipient.
- You agree not to send any emails likely to cause distress or any material which is offensive, indecent, obscene, menacing or in any way unlawful.
- You agree to have a clear opt out policy in all newsletter communications.
- You must not use our mail services or network to send email to any user who does not wish to receive it.
- You must not use our mail services or network to send unsolicited email, in bulk (commonly known as 'spam') or individually.
- You must not use our mail services or network with intent to deprive others of service ('mail bomb').
- You must not use false mail headers or alter the headers of mail messages in such a way as to conceal the identity of the sender.
- You must not use any email address that you are not authorised to use.
- You must ensure that any email servers connected to our network and operated by you are not configured to allow 'open relay'.
- You must take full responsibility for your own email reputation, Logic Servers cannot guarantee a positive reputation.
- We cannot and do not proactively monitor content on any web space maintained by customers and cannot and do not guarantee that such sites are free of illegal content or other materials that may be considered unacceptable.( Web usage includes the use of web space provided with client accounts, web hosting on our servers and the use of web services).
- You undertake sole responsibility to ensure that all materials on any website owned or operated by you contains material that you have created or have permission to use.
- You undertake sole responsibility for any dispute involving Copyright or Intellectual Property Rights associated with your site or service.
- You must not use your website or web service to promote or distribute any material or content that is illegal (under any current or future legislation). You should be aware that the internet is a global communications network and what may be legal in the UK may be illegal elsewhere and leave you liable to prosecution in another country.
- We may undertake investigation of content services if potential abuse is brought to our attention and we reserve the right to remove any web page on our servers at any time and for any reason. Any accounts found to be abusive, contain illegal content or otherwise break our terms of service will be liable for immediate termination with no refund.